As if you needed another excuse to enjoy homemade cookies. We crafted up this little dessert masterpiece to help you get creative with your Quest Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bars. One of our favorite things to do is make Questified recipes and give them to people who have no idea they’re not your standard dessert recipe. We suggest you do the same with these unbelievably delicious cookies. Check out the full recipe below and spread some protein cookie love amongst your friends.
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT COCONUT COOKIES
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 2 cookies
Calories: 236 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Net Carb: 7g
Total Carb: 19g
Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 9-11 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes (for cooling and prep)
- 2 Quest Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup zero calorie sweetener (erythritol)
- 1/4 cup raw whole hazelnuts, measured whole and then finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking sode
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the Quest Protein Bars into small pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the cooled pieces into a food processor or nutribullet and blend until fine crumbles form.
- Place the crumbles, almond flour, coconut, zero calorie sweetener, hazelnuts and baking soda into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the butter, egg, applesauce and vanilla and stir until a dough forms.
- Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to make 16 evenly sized cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
- Press them down using the back of a measuring cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, melt the remaining chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until smooth.
- Transfer it to a plastic bag and cut the corner to create a piping bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature.
- Make the cookies disappear by eating them.