There are fewer finer tastes in life than cheesecake. So what better way to celebrate with friends and family on cinco de mayo than with a protein-packed recipe that everyone can enjoy? Regardless of whether or not you’ve had too many cervezas, there’s plenty of lime to accent your drink, or a delicious treat to soak up some sobriety. Oh, and they also taste incredible, so no matter what your level of celebration, everyone wins with cheesecake. Take a look at the full recipe and get ready to fall in love.
CINCO DE MAYO LIME CHEESECAKE BARS
Yields: 9 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories: 140 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Net Carb: 4g
Total Carb: 13g
Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 4-6 hours (cool time) | Total Time: ~ 5-6 hrs.
LIME CHEESECAKE BARS CRUST
LIME CHEESECAKE BARS FILLING
- 1 8oz package reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup zero cal sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- sliced lime for topping
- preheat over to 350 degrees F, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the Quest Bars into pieces and place them on the baking sheet – bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, place them into a food processor or blender and blitz until fine crumbles form.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Prepare 6×6 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper both ways for easy removal.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass to pack it down tightly.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove and let cool
- Meanwhile, place the room temp cream cheese, yogurt, sweetener, vanilla, salt, juice and zest into a mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to beat until well combined.
- Transfer to the cooled crust.
- Cover and chill for 4-6 hours before cutting into squares, topping with lime slices and serving!